– On average it takes anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks for a product to be searchable on Google, UPCItemDB.com and other Comparative Shopping Apps once it has been submitted. This is due to the asymmetrical nature of Google’s indexing algorithm.
– A Google Product Feed is a specifically formatted file made up of a list of products and attributes of those products organized so that each product can be displayed, advertised or compared in a unique way.
Google Product Feeds are common requirements in the submission process for many major retailers as well as e-commerce websites such as search engines, price comparison websites, affiliate networks, and other similar aggregators of e-commerce information.
– TheBarcodeRegistry.com maintains a record of barcode/product associations. This record does not provide a final legal indication of barcode/product ownership.
All barcode/product pages created by the Registry user are automatically uploaded and indexed to the Google search engines. Indexing of TheBarcodeRegistry.com occurs on average between 48 hours and 2 weeks from the time you submit or change a registration.
Submission to and acceptance by proprietary databases such as UPCItemDB and Comparative Shopping Apps such as ShopSavvy is contingent upon minimum quality requirements being satisfied by User’s data inputs. Ultimate submission through TheBarcodeRegistry.com’s upload process is at the sole discretion of TheBarcodeRegistry.com. TheBarcodeRegistry.com reserves the right not to submit a product through its proprietary channels that it deems inappropriate or possibly illegal.
TheBarcodeRegistry.com also does not guarantee acceptance into UPCItemDB.com nor any Comparative Shopping Apps. Acceptance is determined solely by UPCItemDB.com and the respective Comparative Shopping Apps.
– With regard to Wal-Mart, Kroger’s, Target, Lowes, Home Depot, and Federated Group (Macy’s / Bloomingdale’s) customers. In the application process for these stores, they require a copy of your GS1/UCC receipt with your own company’s name on it for their verification process.
Unfortunately, neither we, nor any other organization other than GS1/UCC can provide you with this document. You can only get this document by purchasing your barcodes directly from GS1/UCC. Membership with TheBarcodeRegistry.com does not satisfy the requirements of these aforementioned stores.
– Amazon has not changed its basic requirements with regards to barcodes and has no issues listing products with barcodes purchased from 3rd party vendors such as Buyabarcode.com. Amazon only cross-checks GS1 if you select an advanced option to “Create My Own Brand.”
If you select that option, they offer cross-checking the GS1 database as one of 4 possible ways you can verify your brand ownership. Also, if you have created your brand in the past and are now having difficulties uploading or editing a product, you can fix this issue by removing your brand name in the “Edit Vital Information” section. This will make the “Save and Close” button clickable once again.
Each new member receives 10 free barcode/product registrations.
Yes, members can register an unlimited amount of barcodes/products. New registrations can be purchased at the following rates:
- Add 1 for $4.95
- Add 5 for $19.95
- Add 10 for $34.95
- Add 20 for $49.95
- Add 50 for $89.95
- Add 100 for $149.95
- Add 200 for $199.95
- Add 500 for $299.95